A medical center is eligible for an Accreditation survey by the National Urgent Care Center Accreditation program when it:
1. Has been providing health care services for at minimum of six months before the on-site survey (unless an organization is seeking
accreditation through the Early Survey Program - ESP)
2. Provides medical care that is under the direction or supervision of a physician who accepts responsibility for that medical practice
3. Is in compliance with applicable Federal, state, and local laws and regulations
4. Is licensed by the state in which it is located, if the state requires licensure for the medical entity.
5. Completes the signed Application for Accreditation in advance of the survey.
6. Acts in good faith in providing complete and accurate information during the Accreditation or re-Accreditation process.
7. Pays the appropriate fees.
Previous or existing accreditation by another accrediting agency is not required to earn Accreditation through the National Urgent Care Center Accreditation program.
The Accreditation of a medical practice is based on a reasonable assessment of the medical practice’s compliance with applicable standards and adherence to the policies and procedures of the NUCCA program. The standards of Urgent Care Center Accreditation include Rights of Patients, Governance, Administration, Quality of Care Provided, Quality Management and Improvement, Clinical Records and Health Information, Professional Improvement, Facilities and Environment, Immediate/Urgent Care Services, Pharmaceutical Services, Pathology and Medical Laboratory Services, Diagnostic Imaging Services, Employee and Occupational Health Services, and Health Education and Wellness.
On-site surveys will be conducted for all clinic organizations applying for Accreditation.
1 clinic: $2,500
2 or more clinics: $2,500 for the first location + $500 per location for each additional location
For groups with 50 or more clinic locations, the price per location for 51 or more locations is $2,500 for the first location + $450 per location for each additional location. For groups with 100 or more clinic locations, the price per location for 101 or more locations is $2,500 for the first location + $350 per location for each additional location.